facebook pinterest instagram

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Milo-chai-chino


Whilst this may be just a small post and a simple treat, don’t  let it fool you, its’ amazingness will overcome you if you let it! It will mean very little to the non-Australian’s over here (unless you have been subjected to my chitter about it nonstop), but when Verena came back from Australia last week with a tin of Milo, I truly believed I was in heaven! We’ve been able to find Vegemite, Natural Confectionary lollies and a few other Aussies favourites, but never the malted -chocolate goodness that is Milo. We are rationing it out so that it lasts as long as possible, which made me experiment a little and create this magnificent drink! I can’t have coffee, so love that chai lattes can still provide me with the froth factor without the caffeine. How about combining chai and Milo?! Amazing! Or is that “winning” to all of you American’s?! The cinnamon (did I mention I like cinnamon) compliments the Milo in the most surprising way, and it truly tastes so warm and comforting. Perfect when its still chilly and you’re far away from home....

1 comment:

  1. YUM. I love Milo. I think you can find it in the Chinese market close to the biz school :) I may have to go get some and try this.

    ReplyDelete