facebook pinterest instagram

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Eggplant punts

Okay so I know they don't look like punts, but when in Oxford!! I wanted to make my veggies more appealing, so thought, what better way then to make a boat out of them!

Firstly you need to halve the eggplant (aubergine) and scoop out the insides. To fill the eggplant, I cooked up the inside of the eggplant with onion and zucchini until lightly browned. I then added a little mozzarella and sundried tomatoes and filled the empty eggplant. I baked this in the oven for about 20 minutes.

My only advice, scoop out a lot of the eggplant, as they can be quite bland and you want the stuffing to be the main flavour!

I wanted to have chicken with this meal, but a beautiful big steak would have gone really well too! I simply cooked the chicken with a little fresh basil, white wine and olive oil.

Punting on the Thames!

No comments:

Post a Comment