facebook pinterest instagram

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Chickpea falafel wraps

On nights when we don't feel like cooking much (or spending much) these are always high up on the list of options. I like them because aside from needing a few staples, you can just add whatever you have in the fridge so you're not getting too many new ingredients. These are healthy and really filling, not to mention pretty darn tasty too!

For the chickpea falafels, I use two tins of chickpeas (two tins only because I like making enough so I can have leftovers for the lunch the following day), fresh coriander, harissa paste, ground coriander and cumin, a garlic glove and plain flour as needed. The chickpeas need to be blended until they are more of a paste-like consistency. These ones that I made for some reason turned more breadcrumby so I had to add a few drops of oil (I used garlic infused olive oil for flavour) to make them bind together better. When the chickpeas no longer resemble chickpeas (but do not go as far as turning them into hummus) add the other ingredients and mix together. If the mixture is too wet, add 2 tablespoons of flour. You need to be able to mould them into balls and they need to stay together in the pan. Cook them in a small amount of oil until browned.


For the wraps, use whatever you like on a wrap! I put hummus, sweet chilli sauce, avocado, cheese and lettuce. Pete likes to add carrot and tomato. Sometimes I cook up grated zucchini (courgettes for all non-Australians out there) and put these in the wraps too, just to get another vegetable in my day. We have these wraps fresh, but they could then be grilled to toast the wraps a little too.


Quick, easy, cheap, healthy and mighty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment