facebook pinterest instagram

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Apple and cinnamon crumble muffins


I find a way to make fruit taste less like fruit and more like caramel! Back in my earlier days of being Special Meals Meg, I would never eat fruit that was IN anything. If I had to eat fruit, I'd eat fruit, but I thought that the fruit in cakes and muffins was just ruining an otherwise tasty cake or muffin. But, I believe I have found a way to incorporate apples into muffins, without compromising on how special they are.

I created this crumble for the top because I used to love eating the crumble bit off the top of Apple crumbles, but never ate any of the actual filling. So this is a way of enjoying the crumble, AND having some of the goodness as well. The crumble stays nice and crunchy, whilst the apple has been cooked in cinnamon so that it creates a moistness and sweetness to the muffin that perfectly balances the crumbly top.

Recipe to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment