facebook pinterest instagram

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Harissa beef and yoghurt pizza


This pizza sure is a special meal for Meg!!

The current restricted diet I'm on doesn't let me re-heat anything, which means ordinary pre-prepared pizza bases are out! So I had to make this one from scratch and bake it in the oven whilst preparing the rest of the ingredients. I had to move quickly when I took the base out so that it didn't get the chance to cool down before I put it back in with the toppings on.

To make the base I combined tomato sauce, bbq sauce and harissa paste. I spread this on the pizza and added a little chedder cheese. I then added raw thinly sliced beef, cherry tomatoes and a little more chedder. I then baked for about 10 minutes. In this time, the beef cooked through and the tomato skins became more firm but the juices had started to run across the whole pizza.

Once taking it out of the oven I threw some rocket leaves on top and then squirted some greek yoghurt on top, which perfectly balanced out the harissa base.

Belissimo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment