facebook pinterest instagram

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Anzac spirit


Living outside of the UK has finally made my Australian spirit shine through. It hasn't quite been Australia's year in the sporting arena, but I can at least educate these Brits on what good Aussie food tastes like, and other than vegemite, there was no better place to start than with the Anzac biscuit.

The humble Anzac biscuit is traditionally made on Anzac Day in Australia and New Zealand, on April 25. I made these for our first Australia Day abroad in January, and after Oxfam employees scoffing them all down in a matter of minutes, I think a second batch may be on the cards. This recipe is from my mum's old Australian Woman's Weekly recipe book that was held together by threads, but is an absolute gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment