facebook pinterest instagram

Monday, February 20, 2012

Mumbo-Jumbo Mondays - Blanching

Another week, another blank blog!

I've been a little under the weather this past week, so haven't been focusing on anything other than trying to keep my little kick-boxer nourished and calm! I am realising that perhaps this is what the next 15 weeks are going to be like (is it that long to go still....) so will make more of an effort to resume regular activiites, including posting!!

But, for now, just another cooking definition!!

Blanch. Now, well, for me, it is my fabulous Kitchenaid in Raspberry Ice, but blanching is also a common cooking term. To blanch something, means to immerse in boiling water, often followed by an ice bath. For fresh vegetables, this helps retain the vibrant colour and crunch and helps to halt the cooking process. It helps to soften the skins as well, making them easier to remove. You can also blanch nuts, which, like vegetables, helps to soften the skin.

I am bored with my own blog. Time to start proper posts again!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment