facebook pinterest instagram

Monday, November 21, 2011

How to Comment!!

Its taking me some time to get back into the swing of posting on my blog, and it dawned on me that the comments on my blog could do with some attention too!! I was given some good advice a little while ago that I am following up on now, posting a “How-to-Comment” post, to guide those of you who’d like to comment,  just in case you aren’t entirely sure how to! Apparently I have a fair few lovely readers scattered across the globe who a loyal readers but aren’t vocal, not for a lack of things to say, but a lack of knowing how to say them (Nancy and Janet, you know who you are!!).
I would LOVE more comments and ideas to be shared on my blog so please leave me a comment, ask a question or share a cooking story of your own! I have loved sharing food and ideas with our global friends, so if Baton Rouge has a signature style of cupcakes, share them for us all to enjoy!!!
So, here is my How To guide on how to leave me a comment!
1.       At the bottom of each new post, there is a link that says how many comments there are (as you can see, there are sadly 0 posts on my strawberry tree!).  To comment, click on this link.


2.       When you click on the link, it will direct you to a text box for you to comment.


3.       Type in the text box whatever you would like to say (within reason, I am not so sure this is where you want to tell me and everyone else certain bad food reactions for example).


4.       Click on the drop down box arrow next to “Comment as…Select Profile”.  Please note, you do not need to have a blog of your own, or a degree in IT to leave me a comment anymore, I have changed the default settings so that anyone and everyone can leave me a comment!!


5.       The last two options on this drop down list are the most simple to use! You can post under “Anonymous” if you’d like to comment but would rather keep your identity under wraps. Or, if you are happy to share your name, choose the option “Name/URL”.


6.       A box will pop up allowing you to enter your name and URL. Now, I don’t know how many people have their own URL’s, maybe more than little old me is aware of, but the simple part of this process is that you don’t need one!!!


7.       Type in your name and if you do not have a URL, and click “Continue”


8.       Click “Post Comment” and take joy in the fact that you’ve just made Special Meals Meg feel a little bit more special!!!!


So comment away!!! I would love to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. You could try some signature dishes from Memphis: Fried dill pickles with ranch dressing,or barbecue pulled pork. I always love your blog, even when I don't comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bess!!! Ranch dressing, classic American!! Oh how I would love to do bbbq pulled pork.... but can I do it without having a bbq???

    ReplyDelete