facebook pinterest instagram

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Chocolate coated strawberry tree!

I was just going through some old photos and am stumbling upon a few little things that I want to put on my blog, just for fun! This is certainly not a difficult thing to do, but I thought it ended up looking pretty cute.

Along with Julie's bridesmaids, before their magical wedding in August, I helped host a Bridal Shower for the beautiful bride to be. It was my very first Lingerie Shower and I must say, Julie made out like a bandit! It was a beautiful evening of all the women sharing love and advice and we even managed to have a few bites to eat to accompany the bubbles!

I got the idea for this tree just randomly as I thought that in our teeny flat we should make the food the decorations as well!

Very simple: dip fresh strawberries into melted choclate and place them on greaseproof paper and pop them in the oven. I visited my local florist and purchased a florists block, which is the spongy thing that some arrangements are positioned in. I trimmed it into a lollipop shape and then simply used toothpicks to put the strawberries into the foam. The colour theme for the night was Chocolate brown and peach, so I coloured some white chocolate to resemble the soft peach colour and drizzled it all over the strawberries.

It's fun to have an edible centrepiece don't you think!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment