facebook pinterest instagram

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Frobroghurt

So, this is what happens when you let Pete name things.....frobroghurt!!!!

Anyway, this was a little treat I wanted to make for Pete when he came home last week, and half way through making this dessert I remembered that I can't actually eat in! The list of things I'm allergic to is getting longer each day, but yoghurt has been a long standing problem for me, which almost always gives me instant migraines. Such a shame, as I actually really enjoyed this dessert, and it was a healthier one!!!

Sometimes I have no idea where I get the desires to make certain things, but sometimes I don't try and challenge it and just go with it! I wanted to make frozen yoghurt, just to see if I could. I don't have an ice cream maker or sorbet maker so had to be a little (read: a lot) more patient!

All I did was use one tub of vanilla flavoured organic yoghurt and blended it will two tablespoons of fine sugar. This just gets more air in the yoghurt, nothing else. I then put it in a container in the freezer for an hour. After an hour, I blended the yoghurt again. I repeated this process twice and then added some berries to the slightly more chilled yoghurt. After about 2 hours it did start freezing more quickly so I blended it each half an hour until it started resembling ice cream! All in all I think it took about 4 hours to freeze.

Pete loved every mouthful of the frozen-berry-yoghurt (aka frobroghurt from here on in) and I definitely would consider making it again, although it does seem like a lot of effort for something you can just buy for a few pounds!



No comments:

Post a Comment