facebook pinterest instagram

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baked scallops

Possibly the easiest entree I have ever made!!!

This recipe, not that you could really call it a recipe with just three ingredients, is from the Nigella Express cookbook that I recently purchased. We had the Bells over for dinner and Holly had seen my scallop shells in the cupboard a few weeks ago and queried as to why they had never been served from them before! So, I had to remedy this! I found these scallop shells in Jersey at the local Hospice with Kara, we each have 6 each now!!

Pete and I love scallops and they are such a treat. I love discovering different ways of cooking them and this was just the most simple but most effective way I've tried thus far. If you see some fresh scallops on special at your local fishmonger, buy them and give this a go, and thank me later!

Ingredients:
Fresh Scallops (3 per person)
Fresh breadcrumbs
Butter (you could probably use margarine, but really, go the butter!)

Method:

1. Cover the scallops in breadcrumbs, which I did in a freezer bag to thoroughly coat them. 


2. Put each crumbed scallop in a scallop shell and sprinkle extra breadcrumbs on top. Add a dollop of butter to each scallop shell and place in the oven. They cooked for about 12 minutes, which was until the scallops were cooked through and the butter and breadcrumbs had started to ever so slightly burn. 

3. Carefully take out of the oven and serve straight away, as is. DELICIOUS!


Could it be easier?? I think the Bells can attest to the fact that these were mighty tasty, even though they were so simple!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, scallops are an all time fave of mine so I'll be trying this one for the Mr:) see you soon! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete