facebook pinterest instagram

Monday, July 4, 2011

Chicken, peared with halloumi

(and yes, I meant to spell it like that!!)

Since I finished work on Friday, I have managed to cook my way through the entire weekend! I have a heap of recipes and new dishes to blog about, but the dinner I made tonight was so tasty that I just had to put it on while it was fresh in my memory!

When Pete's sister and brother-in-law-to-be were visiting us a few weeks ago, they made us a roast and used pears instead of potatos, which I thought was inspired! It has stuck in my mind ever since and when Pete and I were wandering around the market this arvo trying to find inspiration for dinner, the pears grabbed me!

This is a very simple salad which can have many things added or substituted in. I loved these ingredients together and think that they complimented each other perfectly. I cooked the chicken with some chilli flakes to give it a bit of zing. All I did to the pear was cut it into thick slices and put it in a hot pan for about 5 minutes. Cook the halloumi as normal in a touch of hot oil and serve on lettuce or whatever salad ingredients you prefer.

My newest discovery that I had to repeat this evening was lime mayonaise, which I made from scratch! Wouldn't have ever thought it would be so simple! I made some on the weekend with another dish (to be blogged about) and loved it so much that I have had it again. All you do is mix an egg yolk with a teaspoon of white wine vinegar, a teaspoon of dijon mustard and a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lime juice. I used my stick blender and blended until it started to thicken, and then added slowly 1/4 cup of nut oil. Then season with salt and pepper. Delish!!!

And this is the result, not a shabby salad at all!!!


p.s Happy 4th of July!! I used free range chickens, I'd like to think they were "independent"ly roaming around in freedom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment