facebook pinterest instagram

Monday, June 27, 2011

Zucchini soup

I haven't been able to use the internet at home for a while, so have a few blog posts backlogging now!! Will just choose my favourite and most simple of the past week though!

This soup was ridiculously easy! I simply cut up 6 zucchini's and put them in my big Le Creuset pot with half an onion. I added a few cups of water to cover the veggies and added one chicken stock cube and a dash of cumin.

I let it cook for about 15 minutes, and then drained off most of the water. I found that as the zucchini's hold a lot of water I didn't need any extra in the pot. I then blended the veggies together until it was a creamy consistency. I then threw in some fresh flat leaf parsley and blended this briefly.

To serve I added a dollop of cream, some grated parmesan and a few extra sprigs of parsley.

Super easy, relatively healthy and very very tasty. I actually made the very same batch again the following night because we enjoyed it so much! Pumpkin soup lookout, you have a competitor at long last!!

No comments:

Post a Comment