facebook pinterest instagram

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Salmon with a pumpkin and zucchini tunnel


I came up with this idea whilst sitting at work today daydreaming about our Easter in Northern Wales. I couldn't wait to come home and be a bit creative with my veggies!

The salmon is wild not farmed, and I simply baked it for 20 minutes with butter, dill and lemon slices. It was pretty darn tasty, but still not quite as spectacular as Meghan Arscott's salmon! I must practice some more!

The pumpkin and zucchini tunnel is my favourite part about this meal. There's much to like about a tunnel of food! I combined cooked pumpkin with ricotta, chopped walnuts and nutmeg. I sliced the zucchini's into thin strips and lightly fried in a flat pan. I then overlapped them in groups of 4 strips, placed a handful of pumpkin mix in the middle, and then rolled them up. These baked for the same amount of time as the salmon.

The asparagus was quickly steamed and then a knob of butter was added to increase the decadence of this meal. Very complimentary flavours and textures, not to mention a very fun dish to make!

1 comment:

  1. This is almost becoming too easy! You make something and blog about it and then I make it the next night.

    You are so talented Meg! Thank you for sharing!!

    Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete