facebook pinterest instagram

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Herbed chicken frittata

I am trying out another new restricted diet at the moment, and flavour of the month is lacking in carbs! So a fair few of my next recipes are going to be less carbs. I will still be baking, you can't take that away from me, but my dinner ideas are going to try and be more creative and less carb friendly!


I have to refer to most things as how they relate to "pie" if I want Pete to enjoy them, so this is a chicken crustless egg pie! I like that you can just use whatever ingredients you have handy, but this mix of ingredients is perfection and managed to harmonise completely.

I used chicken breasts which I cooked in italian herbs, fresh basil and the juice of a quarter of a lemon. I cut everything into cubes to that they are proportional in the frittata. Once I cooked the chicken and let it cool a little, I added it to 4 eggs whisked with a dash of cream (which can be easily omitted for paleo), diced sun-dried tomatoes, cubes of fetta, and sliced zucchini/courgettes. I sliced the zucchini's into rounds and put them along the base of my pan. I then poured the egg mix in, layered another set of zucchini's and then put in a moderate oven. It cooked for about 20 minutes.

Mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, artichokes, pumpkin and capsicums (bell peppers) would also go nicely but it just depends on what you have available.

These ingredients that I used though were just divine. I managed to save a tiny piece to have for lunch today and it was just as delicious cold the next day!

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is awesome! I made it last night and Jason and I both loved it. The only twist I added was a spicy marinade for the chicken. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete