facebook pinterest instagram

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Chicken, coriander and courgette conglomeration

This dish is desperate need of a new name!!!

But this is how the idea started.... Daydreaming at work today, thinking about what ingredients I had at home that I could create for dinner tonight!

I am determined that even though I am on this restricted diet, I am not going to feel like I am restricted in taste and enjoyment! So I thought about some of my favourite foods, sketched this little plan and then day-dreamed about it for the rest of the afternoon!

And here are the results of my day-dreaming...........


The chicken burgers are home-minced chicken, grated carrot, almond meal (my new best friend), fresh coriander, sweet chilli sauce and a variety of herbs.

The Zucchini fritters are from my previous blog recipe.

The smashed avocado is simply avocado, lemon juice, salt and pepper and a little harissa paste.

This "conglomeration" is chicken, zucchini fritter, another chicken patty, smashed avo, grilled haloumi, with caramelised onion drizzled on top of a bed of fresh rocket, with roasted vine tomatoes. Not too shabby for a Wednesday night and certainly doesn't make me miss the burger bun!!

1 comment: