facebook pinterest instagram

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Laduree Love

Last year when Pete and I were having a delayed-honey-pre-study-moon in Paris, I caught up with a childhood friend of mine who was living in Paris at the time. Tanya showed us around parts of the city that were less touristic, enjoyed twilight picnics in the Tuilleries and wandered through the various romantic florists the city has to offer! But, the best gift that Tanya gave me, was introducing me to Laduree, the French macaron house! I was instantly in love. From the soft pink and green colour scheme, to the buttery softness that is how they scramble their eggs, to the macaroons themselves, there is nothing I do not love about Laduree.

The only trouble is that we were introduced to Laduree just before it went global, and so now, it is seemingly everywhere! Not that I am really complaining when Pete arrives home late at night with a tiny pale green bag, but  I did like to be in on a secret for a little while.

I have had my eyes on the Laduree Sucre: The Recipes book for months now, and finally stock came in! So, unleash my new season of baking inspiration!! After making Pete wash his hands before leafing through the newest member of my cooking family, he discovered that it was indeed THE Recipes! There are about 45 recipes that I want to try, however I think we need to get ourselves into an exercise regime before starting!

In the meantime, I am enjoying just looking for now and dreaming up events to bake each for!

How beautiful is the book!




Thank you Tanya, I owe all my Laduree Love to you!!!! If only you weren't back in Australia now, I would have you over for Afternoon Tea! 

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous cookbook! i am always drawn to the cooking section in bookshops, love the glossy pictures.. Unfortunately nothing I make ever turns out to look the way it should.. Luckily i have your blog to live vicariously through :)
    flick xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww you're so sweet. I miss Lauduree... I have the book also, but in French! The result is not so good :)

    I'm looking forward to a Lauduree afternoon tea with you in the near future Meg!! bisous, t

    ReplyDelete