facebook pinterest instagram

Friday, November 4, 2011

Enough is enough

The neglect has gone on too long! Its time to get organised and bring my blog back to life! After a long period of relocation (albeit only an hour away) and no internet, I no longer have any reason not to blog, only that I have so much time to catch up on!

We're busily getting ready to scoot off to Cannes for the weekend with the wonderful Fernsby's but I thought it might be a nice way to start the weekend, to awaken a part of me that has been sleeping for a month now!!! On one hand I'm suprised that my last post was a whole month ago, but on the other hand, I was half expecting to see the last post being 6 months ago!  Its amazing how quickly you settle into a new rhythm and how distant your previous life can seem. 

We are missing Oxford and all of our Oxford friends, so it feels appropriate to do my last Oxford post now. The non-graduation-graduation!!! Oxford does things a little differently to most places, but it always ends up with more white tie events, which is always a good thing I think! For the end of course ceremony, our MBA's didn't graduate, they simply "left". They all have to come back some time next year and graduate within their colleges, so the Business School class assembled for a Leaving Ceremony in which they got all suited and booted and shook some hands! But, it was cause for celebration, champagne and food! 

We hosted a little morning brunch before the ceremony on the colonnade at Magdalen. I wanted it to be a breakfasty affair and so set out to make as many breakfasty things as I possibly could (plus cupcakes, but really, most people would happily eat them for breakfast anyway!). 

Here are some photos of the food and the people that went into making our last day together so special. We miss our friends who have dispersed around the globe but look forward to the many, many reunions we plan to hold over the years. 


The beautiful location for our little brunch!



The beautiful group of friends we have come to cherish in one short year!


Smoked salmon and dill on herbed potato fritters, with maple cream! 


Pikelet stacks with fresh berries and maple cream (I was quite fond of the maple cream!).


The graduate cupcakes, with mortar boards and certificates! Pete wanted the icing to be Oxford Blue, not Cambridge blue, which meant all the well dressed folk heading to the ceremony went sporting extremely blue tongues! 



It was a magical day in a magical land. A very fitting end to a very special year. 

Now, off to Cannes before I get all teary in my cereal! 

3 comments:

  1. It was a magical day - made even more so by all the hard work and thoughtfulness you put into organising this amazing champagne party - you really are the most incredible hostess. YAY see you soon - safe trip xx
    p.s. I 'borrowed' a bottle of your champagne that day for imbibing in the ceremony hall - I owe you one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was magical. I am so impressed by how easily you throw amazing parties! And, I'm sad I chose to use the facilities at the exact moment the group picture was taken! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe the Oxford era is over, but by the looks of those treats you went out with a bang. Hope life in London is treating you well!!

    ReplyDelete