facebook pinterest instagram

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Banana bread

So, if you know me, you probably know that I'm not fruits' biggest fan! I don't get excited over the latest stone fruit that is in season or sitting down to a big bowl of fruit salad after dinner (which made marrying a boy from a fruit farm an interesting match). If you coat the fruit in icecream and cream, we can talk.
So in an attempt to get more fruit in my diet, I have had to learn how to bake with it, in large quantities. This banana bread tastes absolutely divine, mostly as the banana's underwent such an amazing transformation in the oven, and no longer tasted or smelled like banana! I have had to omit the nuts I would normally add whilst trialling a new diet, however have not missed them. The greatest problem with this bread is that it is so moist and light that it is difficult to smear butter on, oh the dramas!

1 comment:

  1. I'd have to coat the fruit in chocolate before the ice cream and cream phase! You're a wonderwoman Meg - remind me why you are getting up and going off to a desk job every day!? xtam

    ReplyDelete